Pages

Friday, March 19, 2010

When or When Not To Cook...That Is the Question...

  I love to cook.  This has been a recent discovery, but it's very true, I love to cook.  What I hate though, is took cook and then have no one eat, it seriously irritates me.  I've read all this stuff about having three meals a day, but what do you do when you or your family just isn't hungry?  I usually cook breakfast, and occasionally dinner.  I often whip up sandwiches or wraps for lunch, but we are completely inconsistent.  I'm trying to decide if this is a good or a bad thing. I know you are supposed to eat three solid meals a day and two snacks (or something like that) but what if you only have one or two solid meals and one or two snacks?
   You are probably wondering if I'm the worst mother in the world right about now.  I don't know, I'm hoping I'm at least not one of the top 1 million. It makes me wonder though.  I feed my child when she tells me she's hungry, which isn't actually overly often.  A lot of the time she just snacks, we both do.  I kinda like it that way.  In fact, I'm guessing this stems from the idea that I've only existed in a household that served three meals a day for about two years.  I hated it.  We ate way too much and usually I got fatter.  I've probably trained my daughter in some shocking terrible thing and she'll have to visit a shrink to recover from it, but for now I think I'll just go with cooking we we get hungry, though never later than 8:00. Ciao!

2 comments:

  1. You seriously worry about little things a lot. It cracks me up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, you're definitely not a bad mum. My brother and I usually only eat two meals a day, no snacks, and we're perfectly healthy. I just think Americans are so used to eating so much, we think it's normal.

    ReplyDelete