Pages

Friday, March 12, 2010

That's So Cute



So, I want to talk about something we are all very familiar with. This would be the comparison to cute and ugly. There are many differing opinions, and everyone is well aware of the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "love is blind". These are important concepts, and even I tend for get this now and then. I was reminded of the difference of opinion recently when my brother told me he found something cute that someone did. I was really quite shocked because I had always viewed this thing as really rather annoying and for him to admit he thought it was kinda cute was funny and interesting at the same time. It reminded me that even though I may view my opinion as the ultimate in the long run, someone is going to disagree with me, and because of that disagreement sometimes it can help shed some light on a subject, get a different perspective on it. The thing he thought was cute, on further observation I didn't find quite as annoying anymore because I could see it better through his eyes. What I want to wish for us all is to be willing to see the cuteness that others see in those we might have considered ugly :P

2 comments:

  1. I think it's funny how the ugliest person can become beautiful in everyone's eyes because of their personality. There really is so much to a people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, that's exactly it! Beauty and ugliness really aren't that different. It's just our reaction or training that makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete