Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

I Hate Hating

Why is it that there always feels like there is someone out there who gets the perfect life? I'm not saying I want the perfect life, but being consistently miserable, depressed and self-hating even when I'm not trying can be a little overwhelming. You know sometimes in books they act like after years of pain or abuse or injustice or unfairness all of a sudden everything just works out and you don't feel that way anymore because it's all great, but I really don't believe that. I think if you're use to everything really sucking you kinda prepare yourself for it even when things are going great.
It must be the same with sickeningly happy people. There is this girl from high school (lets call her Mildred, because that's a perfectly awful name) who seems to have had everything given to her. It's crazy but she is tall and beautiful with luxurious dark hair and a great complexion. She was usually happy and would go around flirting with the boys (something I didn't recognize becuase I was such a late bloomer). It was like she floated from one to another and they all stood with their mouths open ga-ga-ing at her. Looking back it was pretty sickening. She tended to flirt with whomever she wanted including the guys her sister dated. I still don't know what it was about her, but somehow it was like magic, they all just fell into her lap and she could use or abuse them in whatever way she liked and they didn't seem to mind. When one did finally break out of it all, she stalked him in the most terrifying manner, and would break down crying and screaming when he was hanging out with anyone but her (although they had broken up). I just remember her standing up in the middle of class screaming at a movie we were watching because it hit home for her, that somehow the guy would come back to the sniveling, crying wench of a woman. But of course, he took her back and now they have two adorable perfect children living in a perfect and beautiful life. How I hate them. I really don't know if she deserves to be hated, but it's probably something to do with her sweeping her hair around at all those around her implying that she is the ultimate view on perfection and no bad will ever come to her. And it doesn't. She just posted "I'm the luckiest girl in the world", surrounded by an adoring husband and adorable children. She wasn't lying. She is the luckiest girl in the world to have so much perfection all at once. To have everything, family, job, love, children, I just don't know if its because she could just carry a little bit of that magic with her and spread it around where ever she felt like putting it. How do people get that? I don't understand. Yes, I'm jealous, terribly jealous because nothing seems to ever go right, not then, not now. does it mean I was doomed to be unhappy because I couldn't get it right in high school and she was fated to live happily ever after because of this ability in high school? Some of you might say "well, I'm sure she has her bad days that you don't know about". Nope. I've talked to many of her closest friends and herself and her life is perfect. "we've never had any problems, and why would we?" She never complains, because she has nothing to complain about. It freakin sucks. Bitch :P

No comments:

Post a Comment